My foray into television shopping - QVC


In January I began to get serious about my health. I joined Weight Watchers and considered Curves but wasn't sure I could get someone to committ to stay with mom so I could go out 3 times a week to exercise. My sister in law told me about a treadmill that is pretty compact and even folds up and one night while channel surfing I came upon a QVC program with the very treadmill I was interested in. So, with the clock ticking - they were only going to sell it for 3 more minutes... I picked up the phone and ordered. Within about a week to 10 days the treadmill arrived but when we opened it up there was some broken plastic parts - In the box was return labels and directions in how to return so I packaged it back up and prepared to return it. I called QVC and waited for the freight company to pick up the return and I waited and I waited and I waited. I called again and said I didn't want a new one (by this time I got a person to committ to my "Curves" class). Finally I got a letter from QVC and they said - we credited your account - the entire cost plus tax plus shipping and that I did not need to return the item!! So we opened it up and here it is. I love it! The plastic part that was broken was only cosmetic and now I have a QVC customer number :-) Only in America!

Comments

Erin said…
The "only in America" statement is so true!

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!