Israel, Sunday Mar 7

Today I spent the morning in Tiberius at the bus station, enjoying the sights and sounds as I waited for my bus to the Golan Heights. Two mini vans traveled from Karei Deshe to drop people off at the station but everyone else is going to Jerusalem. I remember now the prayer to travel on the paths less trod and know that God heard me! :-) At last it comes and I ask the pretty blonde girl sitting next to me if she speaks English. She does and says she will make sure I get off at the right stop as it is her stop, too. I am amazed as her manicured hands pick up her rifle, sling it over her shoulder and head for the bus! she is dressed as a civilian but she is armed! Many soldiers are here at the station, men, women, young and not so young. Somehow, the guns seem right. I pray for their safety, the country's safety...and mine, too. We travel around the north side of the Sea of Galilee and up the hills. It is almost an hour and a half whenI see Mt Hermon and I know I am close.

I am met by my South African friend, Susan. I first met Susan and her sister Laetitia in Budapest in 2001 when their trip to Ukraine was interrupted by Susan's fall at the airport which broke her shoulder. I was asked to "help" and these precious missionaries stayed with me for 6 weeks. Laetitia is now married and back in South Africa and Susan is on prayer assignment here in the north. Tomorrow, I will join Susan in a prayer walk. On Tuesday, we travel to Jerusalem for a few days. Susan has lived there and wants to show me the city. God is good and we are enjoying wonderful fellowship!

Comments

Unknown said…
The English anointing continues!! Praying for you! mu

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!