Changes in mom


Mom has failed noticeably in the 5 weeks I've been in Hungary. Needs help in bathroom - trouble getting in and out of chairs, on and off toilet, etc. Nurses come twice a week plus nurse we had. Monday, my first day here I started slow as the sitter comes Mon & Fri for Kathi and we left her on same schedule this week. So I got to go to Post office for Tammy, the bank, bought cards, out for lunch, stopped to visit Kathi at work etc. Then my brother in law came to put lights on tree and tonight I put tinsel and my brother helped me finish decorating. That was fun.

Mom thinks she is living someplace else at times and she is a bit nervous that I will not know how to help her. Praise God we got the monitor - she is supposed to call and ring bell so I wake up to hear her and come down to help her in the night. Because of frequent urinary track infections we need to wipe her and keep her clean. She is a pretty good sport about it. She had trouble getting off the toilet last week and she looked up at my sister in law Sue and said what are we going to do when I can't get on and off myself? Sue said we will cross that bridge when we come to it. The love the family is showing to her is amazing to see! Very Christ like, filled with compassion and care. Often, we share great laughs, too.

Continue to pray GRACE!! especially for the nursing parts :-) Love, MJ

Comments

Praying for all of you! Even the dog.....awww!
ArtworkByRuth said…
I don't know what is wrong with your mom, but being a geriatric nurse she should not decline that much without an underlying reason. Always have the MD check for pneumonia and bladder infections as they often do not have any symptoms in the elderly except changes in ability or cognition.
HUGS and Prayers for you and your family!
Mary Jill said…
Debby - it is a reoccuring UTI and she has alzeheimers. We want to do all we can to keep her home. This county has lots of services PTL so we have nurses coming in and a PT person. It helps. Thanks for your comments. I am one of Tammy's roomates in HU. I follow your blog and am usually in tears when reading your heart. blessings, MJ

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!