Friends, ...meet some new friends



I was at an intercessory prayer meeting in Novemeber and at the end of the meeting this nice Hungarian man (Miklos) approached me and said "I remember you!" and invited me to dinner with he and his wife (Annamarie). I agreed and gave him my phone number, but truthfully, I didn't think I would hear from him again BUT.... he called and we had a great time together in December and again last week. There is always such joy when we are together, maybe because Annamaria and little Dori giggle so much or maybe because Dori and I LOVE bubbles and we are allowed to play with them in the house! After Dori's bath she goes right to sleep and then we get to pray together. God is good!
Annamarie, Dori and Anna - 3 generations of beautiful women who love the Lord

Dori loves her bubbles!!

and her bath! Here with her daddy Miklos


In November I attended for the first time a "Missionary Getaway" at a 4 star hotel right here in Budapest. It was a great 4 day blessing and I met a wonderful missionary couple named Jo Ellen and Scott Clubb.  There were a LOT of missionaries at this retreat but "we 3" kept sitting near each other. Imagine our surprise to find out we had mutual, special friends!! Now we are special friends,too. Jo Ellen and I meet regularly  and plan special events with Scott,too. Scott recently offered his van & "power" to help me move. May God pour out blessings to you Scott & Jo Ellen and help when you move!!


Although, Wesley and I have been texting and phoning each other off and on for 6 years!!, we had never met until last month when a friend invited him to our church.  We have a mutual friend, Carol Griffith, who had tried to connect us for all these years. When he was in Debrecen, I was in Ukraine, when I was in Debrecen, he'd be in Budapest etc, etc and SUDDENLY!! Now we are meeting for prayer at the 24/7 Prayer Center regularly and are looking forward to a visit from Carol! (not scheduled as yet).

And meet Michelle Smith - she is another amazing missionary that I met in November at the "Getaway".  We also try to meet and are currently checking out all the "Starbuck's" in Budapest. Yes, we do have a favorite already! Michelle works with the deaf community in the theatre department - and all things creative! This weekend she was backstage coaching about 20 young deaf people compete in the national pageant of Miss & Mister Deaf Hungary.  The Hungarian deaf are (as yet) an unreached people group and Michelle is making loving inroads by being a great friend of the community! She also has another assignment heavy on her heart but I will make that a separate post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!