The Super Bowl on Super Tuesday



I arrived back in Debrecen on Tuesday in time for prayer at ICD International Church of Debrecen. It will be the last time the core group is all there for awhile because Edith left on Wednesday for 2 months in New Zealand. Please pray for her as I just got news her flights have been delayed. She was supposed to be home by now but has only made it as far as LAX. (Los Angeles, CA). Here she as at 3.30 am on Wed ready for the mini bus. She sure packs neatly!!

After the prayer meeting, Syble and I went to the American Corner for a viewing of the Super Bowl. It was broadcast live on Sunday here in Hungary and it was taped to show on Tuesday. Most present had not know the results and as Syble says, WOW the Giants won again! We had a blast, and really got into the spirit of it. We also shared our cheering techniques. Now I knew the final result but those last 3 minutes were a nail biter!! Here is a picture of the Super Bowl group. Syble was able to hand out 8 invitations to ICD and I was asked by one of the young men to meet for conversational english which I will do starting next week. Because the game was taped live, and shown on Hungarian stations all the commentaries were in Hungarian, that was not a huge problem BUT we were disappointed they showed only Hungarian commercials!! We tried to explain how important the SB commercials are to the event -and did get to see them via the internet at home but it is not the same.

I enjoyed the game alot but this year I have been watching more closely the lead up to Super Tuesday. There were some surprises there too and now today, Romney suspended himself. I was not expecting that to happen yet. I hope my absentee ballot made it back to NY in time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!