Say, Restore!!

In preparation of doing a newsletter, I reviewed my notes/blog/posts for this year. Earlier in the year God gave  me a message based on Isa 42:22,23.  You are robbed and plundered, snared in holes and imprisoned, as prey and plunder BECAUSE No one Said, RESTORE!! Added to that the wonderful promise in Joel 2.25 that God would restore the years the cankerworms had eaten. I believed that God was speaking and encouraging that as we (dared) to speak into things according to His Word and promise that in this season He would bring restoration. But how exactly can He do that?

Let me give you an example that I am "living and tasting" right now.  Some years ago an Alaskan family moved to Hungary. There initial connect was with me. After some years their ministry connection became stronger with another ministry who were friends that I greatly admired and the family's primary responsibilities shifted but we all remained very close. In fact, with me they brought alive Psa 68.6  God sets the solitary in families, and we are that to each other.  After 15 months away, the family returned to Hungary and I have been helping get them serttled again and on Sunday drove the kids home from church because mom & dad had to go to Romania for week-long ministry. I was only meant to take them home, because they are older now and didn't really need a "sitter", but......I decided to stay for the week.

The family was blessed I stayed, the kids, too and me! Where there is unity God commands a blessing :-).
So here I am puttering around the kitchen, doing laundry, helping the homeschooler, waiting for the other 2 to come home from school to tell me how their day went.   As I enjoy the stories and am impressed with the big brother offering to help his younger sister learn a song for school play auditions and his other sister helps me figure out the stove.....it hits me. The joy, the pleasure of being a happy mother of children (again).  Only the first time, I wasn't a stay at home mom and I was a bit envious of my dear friend who was waiting after school to hear my son's stories. That must be an area that needed a touch from the Lord because right here, right now, those years are being restored!! For me, I think that is how it happens - just by trying to follow Him, doing for family what family needs. And then, just when you least expect it - a God touch!!  I am so grateful!! So, once again - I say, God - restore - even those places, especially to those places where I can not even verbalize or know what to ask for.  God continue to restore!! Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!