So Mary Jill, where have you been??

Have you been to London to see the queen? .....No, but it would have been a good time to do that as she is now celebrating 60 years of marriage. Congratulations to her and Prince Phillip on their 60th, Roger and Joyce Bullard on their 50th and LaVere and Beth Soper on their 40th, and today, Rhon and Kit Duke's 37(?)th actually 40!!!. Let's here it for looooooong, faithful successful marriages!

Actually, I have been on planes, and trains, and have put many miles/kilometers on the car since last I blogged. Also, have upgraded to a new laptop which is a huge blessing but also slows me down a little with the differences, etc. Life has been full of all good things and many great reports.

In Johnstown, mom is doing well after a short stay in the hospital that showed her to be in tip top shape (except for that pain that put her there).

In Debrecen church life, we have first hand reports of a miracle healing from severe allergies, and healing from persistent leg pains due to vein problems. We are also experiencing wonderful and intense times of prayer especially on Tuesday's and Friday morning.

In Budapest church life, a major healing of a missionary who after a gallbladder operation was given a 10% chance of living due to blood clots in legs and near lungs. He hopes to celebrate Thanksgiving next week with the church family who cried out to God on his behalf.

In Szeged ICF fellowship new people are attending weekly and we usually have between 25-30. We are blessed with the varied teachings from the book of John. Each of our people groups are growing numbers. We have many Hungarians, students from western Europe and Africa and local high school "gothics". Despite tattoos, piercings and a little out there hair and clothing, these are some of the most faithful, sweet hearted and sensitive kids. We are encouraged.

Please pray for our high schoolers as there was a terrible tragedy Thursday when one of the students from Arden's school committed suicide. We are praying that no "copy cat's" occur and that Arden gets a chance on Monday to share with all her students and perhaps the whole school, the "hope" that is in Christ. (and in her).

In Ukraine the "Hope and Life" office is relocating. We are still in the center of town but in a more favorable and larger office. All the ministries there are flourishing and looking forward to a visit from Pastor Marlow Dunham from the River Church in Poughkeepsie. I will join Marlow for a few days of his trip at the end of the month.

The Lord is pouring out a time of grace for me to become "fit" spirit, soul and body. I would appreciate your prayers as I focus on healthier eating habits, more exercise and more concentrated times in the Word. Pray for that consistency of focus, no matter where I am, no matter what is set before me, no matter the holiday season is almost upon us.

In other news a good friend, Cindy Hunt, was able to visit for a full day of fellowship before she and her family return to the US at the end of the month. Kim and Cindy and Katie will be joining a large YWAM base in Orlando, Florida and be involved with training and discipling for the mission fields of the world. We will miss them! Be praying for their move and cultural adjustments.
Another missionary friend from Bulgaria, Martin visited with Jason, a young man checking out Eastern Europe. We had some wonderful fellowship and prayer times. These visits were during the time our long-distance roomate, Tammy was here so the house was often full.

On sad news a dear friend from the early NY church days, Kevin Fink died suddenly this past Monday in Medford, Oregon. Our heart felt sympathies to his sister Karen (Alaska)and his wife Kathy and Tom & Julie Ware and the church in Medford. Please be praying for all of them. It comforts us all to know that Kevin is rejoicing before the Lord and experiencing His presence in complete joy.

I thank you for catching up with me by reading my blog and your prayer support. Please dare to leave a comment. Love you!!!

Comments

Mary Jill, I've been waiting soooo
long for you to get home to give me an update on your travels,so thank you ....I say Hi! from Israel
at this time...We will have been here for two weeks...its really been wonderful..we were priviliged to share a "Thanksgiving Dinner"
with some of the young Israeli soldiers while here..a highlight of our trip!! I love much...Dan
Ellyn Canfield said…
Oh my dear, Mary Jill!
You have been on my mind, so I was so happy to find this update! I love imagining you blogging away on your new laptop! I haven't been doing the best job with mine, but New York has kept me busy!
God has been gracious here, abundantly so. I am grateful for my time in Ukraine, but after that period of many trials, this feels like a much lighter time. I have been blessed with 3 amazing Christian women roommates and am just starting to get involved with a good church. Although I have to say - New York does have some similarities- rats on the street and my building doesn't have an elevator!

Please give my love to our friends in Ukraine when you see them!
Much love,
ellyn

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!