Some photos from Batt 18

 The "Villa" type house with 6 flats(apartments) Mine is top floor, 2 windows on the right, almost to the back of the house.
 The very large front door. It also has a HUGE key. After you ring the bell you must wait for me to come down the stairs to let you in.
 The outside balcony leading to my apartment. The balcony is across the entire back of the house. I am the only one with direct access but I share with my neighbor.
 A closer look at my unusual front door. I can open the windows behind the scroll work to get a spring breeze.
 My beautiful front windows, the two I pointed out to you in the first photo.  I have an aversion to curtains and when I first bought the flat, I "papered" the windows with a very cool paper that you couldn't quite see through but it let the light in and it had gold lined leaves on it.
Then a missionary couple serving in Scotland came and the wife showed me how to make a stained glass affect on my windows. She had a book of patterns and I chose this. It is actually painted with various whites on white. The faint lines you see is actual "leading" that had a sticky side for adhering.  I had finished all but a partial pane and ran out of the leading. Can you imagine this, on a trip that fall I found the exact leading I needed at a paint shop in New Hampshire! They had only one roll left and it had to be dusted off it was so old but it matched perfectly!! God is so good...ALL the time.  It is hard with a photo to see how beautiful these windows really are.....I guess you would need to do that.. in person :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

Will you put your shoes in the window sill tonight?