Debbie, Fund raising etc


Deb finally came home on Thursday. She did have to have the surgery and she is on a very strict diet (no fiber) for a week until she has her staples taken out and sees the doctor. She is on complete bed/couch time for now and for maybe 6 weeks. She can not pull or push or lift anything. Jack is doing chores he never had to do before :-). And you can imagine what help I am (not much!) even though I am a near neighbor. Jack and Debbie have a great circle of friends who are lavishing them with cards and flowers and food. Of course, the family is doing all we can.

Saturday my cousin and his wife come to stay with mom so I can help out at a bowlingfund raiser for "Team Callery". My sister in law is a "Survivor" of breast cancer and very active in raising awareness and money to research and overcome this disease.

Since I started to get a full night's sleep I am starting to feel better and should/maybe/with God's help be more responsive to incoming communique and out going blogs. Would like to have pictures of today's events but.....can't find my camera! I used it to download the River retreat pix so it is around here somewhere! I cleaned yesterday and didn't see it so it must be hiding somewhere! Off to seek - pray for divine appointments at the bowling alley! Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

Will you put your shoes in the window sill tonight?