Let us not give up hope...

 ...for our families, for our nations....for all we pray about!

I have a television here in Hungary, but it is only for watching dvd's. I am able to catch up with USA news by intenet and sometimes even watch some TV programs but only after they are aired. This was a big week for US television....including the finale of American Idol and the last show of 25 years for Oprah.  I have on occasion watched these shows and as I watched highlights of both finales I was encouraged by a number of things I saw and heard.

Not only did this season of American Idol have a number of wholesome singers, some contestants were God fearing, God believing, true believers that sang Gospel songs through the season and in the finale.  Upon winning,  the young, humble Scotty McCreery said "First, I want to thank the Lord!".
I truly believe a number of these contestants were like young Esther and Daniel's for such a time as this!!

Oprah's finale included, the Queen of soul, Aretha Franklin singing "Amazing Grace" and there was hardly a dry eye in the place!! In an online report and on a video, Aretha addressed Oprah saying:  "Queen Oprah, as you leave the show and Chicago, Illinois, going West -Keep God in the plan. Go the distance with Him, and He will go the distance with you." !! The last performer sang the gospel song "Oh Happy Day" and Oprah's final words on camera from the stage to the audience were "To God be the Glory".

To God be the Glory, indeed!!  These amazing platforms, watched and heard by millions, contained Words of truth, and hope and had people pointing to the Lord as the source. Was everything done, every philosophy heard, every song or performance to the glory of  God ....NO! absolutely NOT! But I am reminded that in the midst of my life before Christ, while I was blind, dead to Him and deep in the miry clay, He was at work to shine His light in and draw me out and set me on the Rock because He saw the treasure in the midst of the dung heap!! And He is faithful, so faithful and so merciful to reach out to us.

Keep praying, keep believing, be encouraged to turn up the volume of prayers because Holy Spirit is still at work to reach the world and He can use anything and anyone in the process!! Be blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!