While in Budapest






I really had a great time! After the ESI assignment, I had really good fellowship with Erin and her roomate Heather and friend Marcus. We got to catch up on our lives, got to catch up on some movies and found a region free dvd player for Erin. On Sunday we went to International Church of Budpest. It is always good to hear Pastor Glenn Ford preach and see friends there. Then we went to my fav Don Pepe's for lunch with the Person family and the Pook's. (sorry no pictures of that :-()

Because of Erin and Heather's hospitality, I got to stay in Budapest until Tuesday. So, I planned 2 appointments and the Holy Spirit planned the rest! At last, I had time to go see Lizi, my favorite cosmetician. I had Kata Bartha make the appointment without telling Lizi who would arrive. It was a great surprise. Lizi is in a new location and we even had time to pray together. Then I was surprised by her next appointment a dear friend Reka who I knew from my earliest days in Budapest. It was like old home week. And Lizi does cultivate that "home" feeling as she refers to us as her babies! It was so great to see you Lizi-mama!!
Look for the picture of me & Lizi, and Lizi and Reka.

On I went to meet up with Arden who had the week off and had come to town to see friends. We had a wonderful, relaxing time catching up at "California Coffee" and then to McDonald's at Nygati to meet Kata Bartha and Kata Tar. I surprised the Kata's by bringing Arden and Kata B surprised us by bringing her friend Elena. If that wasn't surprise enough, it turns out Elena and Arden first came to Hungary together in 1991 with ESI. They hadn't see each other for years. We all had a great time visiting together!! I really love days like this.
Here is a picture of the Kata's, and Arden and Elena.

On Tues, before I left for home, I got to spend some time with Glenn and Terry Ford at the wonderful Augusta Cukraszda over coffee. We rejoiced as Glenn recently had his 6 month report of being cancer free! Praise God. I took a picture of them as we left on the 4/6 tram together.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love God's divine appointments and how He continually blesses us beyond our wildest dreams! Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!