More hospitality

What a delight it was to visit Richard and Carol Maiden in their homes in Scottsdale, AZ and in the mountains of Payson. That was a nice way to cool off!! It was fun to see you both in your "home" element. I have a great photo of you while we were eating "real" Mexican food. Thanks you so much for the lovely guest room, meals, movie and shopping. I enjoyed ministering for your "mountain church" and hat shopping. It was also special to see missionary friend Carol Griffith who was visiting AZ from South Africa. Her friend Arlene and the Maidens and Carol and I had a couple chances to eat and fellowship together. This was my first time in Arizona and the geography was an out of the world experience for me.

Then to San Francisco - wow!! I was soooo excited to get there for the end event of the "Summer of God's Love" on August 11 in Golden Gate Park. On the bus ride from the airport to Marin County, I was so touched to "see" God at work. On the ride there were 3 banners on the side of the road. Mercy, then another Mercy, then another Mercy. And a street crossing Judah (which means Praise). Then through Golden Gate Park and then the bridge and the beautiful views of the bay and the city and then Sausilito and the sailboats, WOW!

My sister, Kathi had contacted a hometown friend Jeannie Boggie, who lives in Marin County and Jeannie kindly welcomed me. We had a great weekend together. We talked, enjoyed the pool, a great mexican meal with her sister and friend Sharon and Paige (who just turned 13) Sharon cooked us a great breakfast on Saturday and then Paige and Jeannie and I headed out to the event. On the way we toured the city and stopped at the beach to see the wonderful kites being flown. Down the parking lot was a "hippie" bus (and a couple hippies) selling tie dyed shirts. I got one for me and Paige and I wore mine which made it easier for Jeannie and Paige to keep track of me in the crowd at Golden Gate Park. I have some wonderful pictures of a person in the top of the tree watching the concert and others on "Hippie Hill". It was an amazing time. Jeannie & Paige and I got home in time to go meet the Enserink family who used to be missionaries in Budapest. Steve and Shirley, Elise, Tim (and Bethany), Nick and Joe Joe treated us to a wonderful Chinese meal. We had a great time together. Finished it off with ice cream and more laughs. The next day, us "girls" even had time to see "Hairspray" together before I flew out. What fun that was!! Thank you everyone for the wonderful hospitality and special times. Jeannie, and Dint, it was so good to see you again!!! Thanks for making California special for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!