To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven! Ecc 3.1


Have you ever misjudged a season? Or felt you missed out in the timing of a dream? I love how God is in the restoration business and I am beginning to think that even as His promise is true in "His Word will not return void" so His creative ideas once sown in us, once having taken deep root will eventually come to fruit....or in this case print!!!

This story began in the mid 90's when a revival/refreshing was sweeping the churches of Scotland. Oh, what great times of worship and Word and manifestations of the Lord's presence in unique ways. So many stories! But for now, I will tell of a car trip from Scotland to England to go to a prophetic conference.  We were really enjoying the ride, when we saw an unusually large, very official road side sign that said CONE HOT LINE and gave a toll-free telephone number to call! We thought that was very funny! Like why would you call....because the cones were indecent or out of order???  And who would answer the call? A CONEselor who would keep your calls strictly CONEfidential?? and so, it began.

At the same time that the Holy Spirit was inspiring some friends to draw and paint pictures of our soon and coming King,  I was envisioning a book of "CONEy Island" to entertain young travelers and perhaps earn money for missions. An artist friend would listen to my ideas and he came up with some great CONE characters, another friend wrote a riddle and many people CONEtributed to my ideas.
It was a LOT of fun but I always felt God had more in store.

By the late 90's I was no longer living in the UK but not even in an English speaking country but periodically the dream of the CONES would be stirred up. God gave me the idea of CONEtracts as a start and by 2007 with help from another friend, I designed 2 evangelistic tracts and 2013 designed and sent a CONE calendar to a few friends.

Now I live in Poland and am in a vibrant church with a very inspiring and creative Pastor. I am also enjoying very special times of Worship and am being revived once again by the washing of the water of the Word and suddenly it seems that not only are there new plantings arising from the soil of my heart but it seems that old dreams are being refreshed and coming to life, as if they were new!  In addition to that, from Poland we make frequent trips to Ireland and I got thinking of my CONES. I shared my samples with Pastor and he encouraged me to visit his printer/graphic guy so I visited the shop to enquire about printing them and this is what happened next....




 Our printer's first order in English!!! I feel like the Lord said "This is just the tip of the iceberg!" so watch this space!!!!

And be encouraged to dream big and ask God if this is the season to re-visit some of those ideas you once thought were from Him. It's not too late!!! As His thought are not like our thoughts, sometimes His timing is not like our timing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

Will you put your shoes in the window sill tonight?