Visiting White Plains

Jonathan and Alex - grown men with Alex's precious daughter
She's a twirler!

Alex and Jenny


Jon and Amanda




Carolyn and Jerry




Together again in the office - Ilene, Lynn & MJ




In late 1980 Michael and I and a team of people moved to White Plains, New York to start a church. By early 1981, I found a job as a personal assistant to Carolyn, the president of a manufacturing company called Scale-Tronix. We were the sales and marketing office and the factory was in Chicago. We created and manufactured precision medical scales. Check it out at http://www.scaletronix.com/

Even from the beginning, Carolyn and I had a wonderful connection and great working relationship. Of course, we have lots of stories especially of how I interviewed for bookkeeper and found the math errors on spreadsheet but was hired for her personal assistant. Somehow in the transition, I never took the mandatory typing test as typing in those early days was the biggest portion of the assistant's job. To this day, Carolyn talks about hearing the - tap...tap tap...tap of my 2 fingered typing method.

Then we worked in the attic of her house and her first son, Jonathan was just over a year old when I began and Alex came along a couple of years later. We have another story about me "entertaining" the boys by "securing" them in a swivel typing chair and spinning them around. (I still don't get why mom was so upset - the boys loved it! ) Both boys were "models" for our scale photo shoots. As the family grew, the business grew and we soon moved into a great office building downtown. We looked more professional then but family and relationship was still important. I worked in White Plains with Scale-Tronix and Carolyn for 12 years. We have kept in touch sporadically by e-mail but this year I was able to visit the office, have dinner with the whole family and stay overnight. What a great time we had together.
Jon, Amanda and Lynn are talking of a trip to Budapest next year. Yeah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!