A much needed mini retreat Jan 20-22

While the world was watching the historic Inauguration of our 44th President, (I did, too) I was busy planning for a mini-escape/break - retreat to the Bershire Mountains. My sister Kathi and her husband Mike offered me their time share and off I went!

Because I knew that Pastors Marlow D and Paul B were in Myanmar on a mission trip (I was supposed to go with them) I asked their wives and my dear friends Tonya and Sandy to join me.

We were so glad to have some time together!! We laughed and cried and prayed and played and of course.......


Shopping Therapy at the nearby Outlet Center! We found great buys at Bath and Body.


and eating....... - One night we had seared salmon and this spinach, blueberry, walnut salad with lemon poppy dressing - thank you, Sandy
We also enjoyed a meal at a very quaint Greek/Italian restaurant in Lee, MA
and even got to see a movie - "Marley & me".

I arrived back home feeling so refreshed. The Lord so blessed us and spoke to us and I am encouraged and strengthened.
Thanks, Mike & Kathi, Jim & Rhonda, Donna, Jack & Deb and Sue and David for watching out for mom so I could see my friends.

Comments

So glad you got away and had a good time!!! Did you buy out Bed and Bath? Looks that way from the pic! :-) I'm here in Debrecen with Edith and we are enjoying HER fruit smoothies, coffee, and Sunday morning...you know the routine! I preached last night at ICD and Edith said it was good and anointed. Go GOD! I LOVED it! If you remember Ukraine and how you and JB said, "Who IS this woman?" when I taught at the gypsy church, that's sort of the same sense from last night! hee hee hee!!! Will try to call you this week sometime. love you and miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!