Monday drama

We are beginning to see that when mom gets overstimlulated ie LOTS of company like on Sunday we can expect sleepless nights and hard days to follow. BUT, we are just starting to realise this. So this Monday after only getting up 3 or 4 times in the night, I wasn't surprised that mom wanted to sleep alot. She got pretty cranky when I tried to keep her up so... she slept. We knew she was exhausted. I was looking forward to joining Weight Watchers on Monday evening but had to keep dying to it as one brother (who ALWAYS visited on Monday eves started an 11 week Pitch leauge) and another was busy and one was working and ..and..and.

At the last minute I got a call "ok, I can stay with mom (BUT you better get home quick!)" and off I went BUT I never noticed the ice storm we had that day, then discovered I didn't have a scraper, aaaargh but why was I crying?? Then another brother "happens" to drive up and rescues me by cleaning off the car and off I go. Well, on the ride I realise I better get rid of some of this emotion and SOB all the way to the meeting mostly asking why am I falling apart so easily. As I got out of the car, the Holy Spirit stops me in my tracks by saying "You feel like a single mom". WOW! I hadn't realised it, but I really did. Even though I have help (Thank the Lord and family) I was feeling the total weight of this impossible task on my shoulders. Wow, just hearing that remark - immediately stopped my crying and gave me such a peace that God knew - way more than I did what was happening :-) and He was an ever present help in time of need - I just needed to turn to Him - sooner than I had been. (and probably some more to learn/unpack from that remark :-). I did join WW and met 2 old friends one of whom offered to "sit" with mom if I needed a time out (with no prompting by me!) God you are soooo good and you are soooo here and you have all the details worked out. Thanks for strengthening me!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!