Happy March 15, Hungary

Photo from Debrecen town centre thanks to Mike & Nancy J. (INSTE Hungary) Go to their blogspot for a great report on March 15. www.mnjuntunen.blogspot.com
March 15 is a Hungarian national holiday commemorating the outbreak of the Hungarian revolution against Hapsburg rule in 1848. The uprising was crushed the following year, when the Hungarian army surrendered to Russian troops that had come to assist the Austrians. Many Hungarians wear a lapel cockade (kokárda), a national emblem in red, white and green, on the holiday, and there are often musical tributes and parades in the town centre.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
I think I recognize this map... Did you take the pic & make up the text yourself?! Wow! You're soo good!
Missing you- Tam
Mary Jill;

Boy you sure are fast with the blog. I no sooner finished our blog then I decided to check out other blogs of missionary friends. I opened yours up and couldn't believe my eyes. I thought, "That picture sure looks familiar. How did Mary Jill get the same shot? I didn't even know that she was downtown." Then I noticed that you had taken it from our blog. At least you gave us credit. Thanks.

Mike

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!