Have a "Sparkley" 4th of July


Happy 234th birthday to America, the home of the brave, the land of the free - and may that continue to be true.
Fourth of July brings memories of picnics at the K of C Grove with our family and friends of my parents and all of their kids and later at the lakes or my sister's pool where my brother in law decorates everything and everywhere in red, white and blue. It's Mike's favorite holiday. The 4th is always full of fireworks, friends and family and of course food! I remember being a kid and dad bringing us little boxes of "snakes". They looked like little circles of black and when you put them on the sidewalk and lit them they grew and uncoiled like a snake (worm really). I still love sparklers and writing my name in the sky. Here in Hungary our big fireworks event is on August 20 and sparklers are for the Christmas tree!
PS. Another special thing about the 4th of July is ....it marks one week until my birthday :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!