When I don't blog for awhile...

It usually means we are experiencing some changes with mom and I am having to adjust my schedule/or lack thereof or I am overwhelmed - once again :-). We now have physical therapy coming in 3 times a week and a nurse checking on mom at least weekly. We were trying to get her built up enough to walk down the 3 front steps so we could get her outside and take her to an adult day care a few times a week. We were recommended for her to try it out. Turns out it was wishful thinking as it is waaaay beyond what she can do.

It is taking more and more help to keep her at home but we are getting the help, Praise God. This weekend is supposed to be the nicest weather so far this year. Can't wait!

There have been some recent "perks". I ordered HBO addition to our television cable so I could watch the new HBO series "The #1 Ladies Detective Agency". The series is surprisingly well cast and sticks closely to the book series written by Alexander McCall Smith. Imagine my surprise when I also got about 100 other channels (Duh!) including 3 Christian Channels. Hallelujah!!! I am REALLY loving it!!

Another "perk" - my friend who is working 5 nights a week here - paints and draws and submits her work to greeting card companies. She and a friend of hers gave me supplies to try my hand at it drawing or painting (again). Well, it has been a real blessing and as a bonus a stress reliever. I am just fooling around with colored pencils and have tried acrylics and will post some of the results. I always did like to color :-). An added blessing is that mom is so proud of me! That is especially sweet as she is often really upset with me. She is increasingly confused and disoriented. We would sure appreciate any prayers sent this way. Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!