Just when I think my life is..well...random....

Patricia on the phone and Mary in the middle with me


......I find (once again) that God is at work very specifically.


The story - on Wednesday my "mom minder" was able to come for me to go to our local Dollar Store to buy this month's greeting cards. Turns out April is a big month for family birthdays and Easter so I was in the store for some time and even had time to browse which was a little unusual. So, I perused the book section and found a wonderful book about Billy Graham. It was a small book, not his biography but about his New York Crusade. It struck me as a valuable and interesing book as it contained the 3 sermons he preached in his historic 2005 campaign in New York City. His first campaign in New York was in 1957 and this 50th anniversary campaign was likely the last time he would minister there. So, I bought it for Pastor Wally (I thought).


That evening, I got an unexpected call from an old friend Patricia. She "thought" she had seen me at a local department store that day (it wasn't me) and so she tracked me down. On Thursday she had organized a luncheon at her restaurant and she wanted me to come and surprise a friend with whom we had worked years ago. I said I would try to get the "mom minder" but she was unavailable. No problem, I called Jack but he was in county finance meetings all day. I was a bit disappointed not to be able to go but I did say, Lord if this is from you make a way. As the day unfolded I realized the health aid was coming to bathe mom, so I asked Ellie, if she needed me. I helped her get started and then ran to "Patricia's" just to hug Mary's neck. She was so delighted to see me. There was a table full of women, most I did not know so Patricia put me right next to Mary. Amazingly, in my 30 minute visit, I got to share with her a little of my testimony and the gospel. Praise God!

Mary said are you talking about being born again and and when I said yes she said she was Catholic BUT she often watched, listened to and prayed with.......Billy Graham but she missed his shows. SO, I said I have a book of his and I will send it to you!! We exchanged numbers, took a quick photo and back home I went - Praising God all the way!! Just when I think my life and actions are so random He shows me once again - my footsteps are ordained by Him. Thank you Lord.


Please pray for Mary and I to have another longer time together. She has already called me and I have her book ready to mail - God is so good!! This was a great encouragement for me. Thanks for your prayers especially as mom is getting even more frail and is increasingly disoriented for longer periods of time. Thanks.

Comments

What a SWEET testimony of God's faithfulness! He is GOOD all the time. Praying for you my dear friend! I love reading your blog!

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!