What life is like in Poland!!

I am overwhelmed with the hospitality, the helpfulness and the love of the Polish people! I believe most Polish people have these characteristics but I know I am right now smack in the middle of God's "Uncommon Treasure's" and right in the middle of a refreshing move of the Spirit. The River of God is rising all around the world and He does not want anyone to miss it!!! I have rented an apartment in the downtown area, close to the church and as most of you will not be surprised to hear...it has become a "HUB" of activities!!!

On my first Sunday speaking of the new time and the new things God wanted to do, He gave this scripture: Isa 65.8 Thus says the Lord: "As the new wine is found in the cluster,  and they say, 'Do not destroy it, for there is a blessing in it,'" ESV  We began then to add more "clusters", gathering people and being aware of who wasn't yet joined int he cluster.  I began holding ladies meetings every Friday night in my flat, and we added "Princess Club" for young girls 9-12. In addition, we have added youth girls sleepovers and once a month the young men join us for breakfast and Bible study.  The church already had home groups, Wednesday evening service, youth and Sunday service. So, we are actively "clustering" and meeting formally and informally sometimes daily.  And there are ALWAYS, even daily, fresh testimonies of what God is doing in us and through us.  I have also added an English conversational hour to help the many with passive English knowledge but without a chance to practice. We are so encouraged!!!  I have never been as busy ministerially or as joyful in my life.

So, I have a young girl, Julia living with me who helps with the daily translating and visiting and Associate Pastor Michael does all the public translating.  Julia and were trying to make a list of all the blessings poured out on us since we moved here.  We have been given flowers, plants, honey, bread, rolls, cakes, sausage, bacon, perogis, a desk with lamp, a microwave that also grills!!! clothes, glasses, coffee maker, thermos, tea pot etc, etc. We both have been taken out to go shoe shopping!!! I've been treated to a hair cut, taxi rides, and more honey, bread, and cakes!! :-) We have had on more than one occasion - possibly 4 times, had guests who insisted on bring the food in and cooking for us!! We also have been treated to dinner out and in people's homes and have a list of people waiting for us to come! We are living in a newly renovated apartment but somehow we missed the fact that there is no oven :-), probably because we were so enamored with a dishwasher!! Perhaps, this is why we are being so blessed with food :-).

So, from Sept 9 - Oct 11 - my first 33 days in Poland, I have gone to my first Polish wedding, first movie experience, (Martian), first haircut (great salon), met people on the street I knew from church and prayed for them, then and there. Was a speaker for Aglow (50 ladies, 4 saved!!!) Spoke at church 4 times, started and spoke 4 times at the weekly ladies meeting (ave 25 ladies), Princess Club - 3 times ( 5 or 6 girls), Youth sleep over - 2 times (6 girls), Youth breakfast, once - (18 youth), English club - 2 times (3 ladies),  3 -4 times weekly (and more) visits, drop ins, prayer, counseling.

I AM THRIVING HERE - if only the Polish cakes and breads were not so nice :-) perhaps I could lose some weight :-)

Comments

Unknown said…
So excited to hear you have moved to Poland! Would love to receive regular updates from you! Just sent an end of the year donation to you through Change Point...be sure you get it, ok? :-) Love and miss you! Arden (For Paul too!)

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....