Wonderful, wonderful month of July

Fireworks, Budapest skyline

MJ's Birthday celebration

July - Now July really, really is summer, for Americans it starts out with a National holiday and a time of serious celebration of the red, white and blue and BBQ's.  How I miss sparklers and fireworks in July.

But I am in Hungary where there is no lack of sparklers and fireworks just at different times of year!!  So I enjoy sparklers at Christmas time when they are put on Christmas trees and  New Year's eve as well.  And I enjoy many firework displays in Hungary but the best is the August 20th celebration of the birth of the Hungarian
nation and St Istvan's Birthday. That is celebrated with an air show over the Danube and with planes flown under the bridges  and in the evening a majestic display of fireworks from the riverside, bridges and  barges in the river.

I also love July because my birthday is on the 11th and this year I received so many greetings. They arrived via face-book, e-mails, text messages, snail-mail and even in person!! :-). From people as close as the neighbors, as near as a dear family who came to my home on the day to celebrate and with birthday blessings from as far a field as Alaska, New Zealand, Australia, and China!  I love the technology of the 21st century in that way.

I also love July because my first grandson, Bryce was born in July, today the 19th.  His birth, actually his conception, was a prophetic promise from God.  My son, Michael, Bryce's dad was born with a dislocated hip. Over many years, the first 13 in particular, he many procedures, operations, therapies and countless hundreds of x-rays in the groin area.  By the time he was 13, a doctor told us the likelihood of him having children was very slim.  By then we were born-again, Bible believing Christians trusting God for a complete healing of his hip.  Years passed and professional medical people always remarked that he should have been in LOTS more pain and discomfort than he was and we knew and saw God's grace at work and thank HIM for the complete healing that was accomplished 13 years ago when Michael had a total hip replacement. Michael testified that the Doctor's hands and wisdom were the miracle he needed and God's provision. He also always says - he felt "born again" again after that!! But I digress.

While on the mission field in Scotland in 1995 the Lord impressed upon me that "Abraham's blessing are yours". Wow, I began to study up - what were Abraham's blessings? Land, sheep, goats, revelation of God, meetings with God, yes but then it hit me..."The Seed", "The Seed", a son, a promise of  descendants! YEAH GOD. What a revelation that was so I set myself to contend in pray and fasting even it it took months!!  How kind God was when in a matter of days the phone rang...."Mom, Raelene and I are having an argument that only you can settle!" (Wow, this couple LOVED each other, are truly soul mates and BEST friends and such an example to me!!) I gulped, straightened my shoulders, adjusted my counseling "hat" and said, Yes, what is the disagreement?

"Well, Raelene, thinks you'll want to be called granny but I think you'll want to be called gramma"!!! How I cried and laughed and jumped for joy!! How wonderful the workings of God!! The revelation of "Seed", the "Seed" itself did not need to be "contended" for, it just needed to be believed and received!!  Their first baby was already due!! and 2 more quickly followed!! Praise God from whom ALL and multiple blessings flow!! In fact, 3 babies in 28 months!! Go God!! (and Michael & Raelene) You make me proud, in the best way!! Happy Birthday, Bryce!!

Abraham's blessings are mine!!! Abraham's blessings are yours,too if you have believed and received Jesus as Lord of your life ALL provision, healing, restoration has already been secured and paid for!! Just believe and receive from His manifold blessings. Be encouraged today! It is already yours!!

And, in further "Ode" to July, my dad's birthday is July 31st and he would have been 98 this year! We miss you, Bits but I know you are so blessed being in heaven!

PS: the argument they had....they were both wrong.. I actually felt a little too young to be called Grammy (and then the Holy Spirit reminded me, Michael and I made my mom a grandma at even a younger age!)-
so I became simply "Jilly".  By now and as I have matured :-) I sometimes am referred to as  "Gramma Jilly" and even Gibly - (how knows?, teens!!). It is music to my ears!!

PPS: I have room for sheep here in the country......hmmm......



Enjoy the rest of July and the rest of your summer!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!