Trip to Ukraine, April 4 - April 8

I went into the Ukraine on a mission trip for the first time in 1992.  By now I have many, many, many pages of stamps in my passport showing border crossings. Some years I have gone in monthly but this was my first visit since September of 2010.  I hit the streets of Uzghorod running (metaphorically only :-) and had meetings, times of counseling, prayer times, coffees, meals, missionary catch up, meetings with the Hope & Life team, friends and those who are now like family. It is so interesting when you are on a God trip, despite the length of travel, the many appointments, and the late nights, I came home utterly blessed, encouraged and invigorated!! From all reports the Ukrainians feel the same - the wonderful 2 edged sword of God - good for me and good for them!! Ok, ok some were tired!! :-) And the laughs we had.....you know often on a mission trip there are those things that are only shared by the team. Sorry, but they were so funny!!

Now, so that you can picture it yourself here are some of the people and events....

I had a wonderful time of fellowship staying with Volodya and Oksana

Hope & Life Team from left Timea, Edick, baby son Samuel, MJ, Volodya, Anya and Richard
missing are 2 Oksanas Volodya's wife and Anya's sister

Angelika, Leader of Certain Women, Uzghorod

Certain Women and a Couple Guys!!
From left, Timothy, Vova,MJ, Vika, Natasha, Sasha, Angelika and Ira

A luncheon with the Jewish Ministry Team.
Back: Ivan, lvera, MJ
Front: Nadja, the leader of "God's Pearl" and her mom Nadja


In Hope and Life office: weekly prayer, study, fellowship meeting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!