Safely at home with mom ....

it only took 23 hours :-). Did you know that the Budapest Airport (Ferihegy) workers have been on strike? I met a fellow flyer who admired the solidarity of the people in this!! Management says "we won't even talk about it until you return to work." Today is day 6. The biggest problem has been security is only at Terminal 2B, Terminal 1 is closed completely and Terminal 2A has arrivals only. Here was my experience:

It was a bit of a miracle so thanks for praying. I went to Term 2A - no one in line at Lufthansa!!! - Got bags weighed (had to repack to only have 1 carryon!!!!) and tagged and got boarding passes but then had to go to 2B to drop bags - Did that - no problem (All between 9.45 and 10.15) (after driving from Debrecen 7am arr arport 9.30)

Then the rat maze of line started for going thru passport control! (Think Disney Land on a busy day but a line filled with people who have no respect for your personal space!) :-) . Imagine this, they shut down the ticket/check in counters twice - once from 10.30-11.30!!

I finally got thru to the back at about 11.30. Oh, going thru security the executive helping didn't even make me take computer out of bag!! (at that point they replaced him with a regular worker) I felt - born again, again coming thru the final gate!!

Lufthansa had assured me their flights were leaving on time which was key as I only had 65 min turn around in Munich but sadly mine was 35 min late leaving BUT gladly - since that was the only flight to Newark they waited for everyone connecting to it and everyone was late! So I got in at 8 instead of 7 but I am here!! My Michael was waiting for me and then passed me off to a friend of the family's about 2 hrs up the road and we drove the final 2 hours home. There is a lot of snow here. This area just missed being in the middle of a huge ice storm that has closed schools and many are still without power.

The house looks beautiful, my sitting room is lovely and we have wireless!!! Oh, they left the tree for me to decorate :-) Love, MJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!