Let's shake the dust off and GO FORWARD....

...in renewed strength, in hope, in joy, in anticipation and in gratitude for a NEW START, a new year 2008. - May it be GREAT!

I am getting many reports from various places about the difficulties of 2007, especially in the last half and last quarter of the year. I encourage us, to shake off and leave behind the dust of the old year. I know there were also deep joys and adventures in 2007 but somehow it is the hard things that stick to us.

When I lived in Scotland, the New Year's celebration was called Hogmany and in preparation everyone made sure the laundry was done, the bed linen changed and the windows washed. These days have been like that here, tying up loose ends, getting ready for the new year,
I encourage us to do that spiritually, too in preparation of what is ahead.

God has underlined these scriptures to me as we head into the New Year. I pray them for your life,too.

Psa 90:12, 16-17 NKJV So, teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom. Let Your work appear to Your servants, and Your glory to their children. And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands.

I sense that in the new year we will desparately need to hear from God and have His wisdom for the times. Also, more and more we will need our networks of friends and especially prayer networks to support us. And I am more than hopeful - I am convinced that God will pour out amazing answers even miracles as we seek Him.

Have a blessed New Years eve and day.

PS: In Hungary our celebration is called Sylvester and involves eating hotdogs and watching fireworks. We are going to add prayer and worship, too. See you in the New Year!

Comments

Great blog, sister! I am in 100% agreement with all you have written. Thanks for being in my network of friends...I do need you!

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!