Celebration of Joy - Ministry theme for First Quarter of 2011

Getting ready to return to Arad, Romania to start this year's ladies meetings with missionary friend, Jackie R. I train out tomorrow arriving Arad around 8 pm. Jackie will meet and we will prepare for our meeting on Saturday at 5pm.  We head out around 2 to set up the hall and get things arranges, welcome the worship team, talk with the translator, etc.  We usually minister until 7.30. On Sunday, I will minister at Jackie's gypsy church in Vinga. That is always a treat for me. I must return on Monday as I have a full schedule in Budapest on Tuesday.

I was assigned the "Celebration of Joy" topic for ministry in Moldova in March and as I was working on it now, I decided to make it the theme of this quarter.

Joy is an interesting topic; We will be talking about the differences between joy and happiness; what robs us of joy; and how to cultivate the fullness of joy among other things as I minister in Romania and Moldova.

Speaking of joy - in our home group today, our newest lady arrived hungry and thirsty for more of the Lord. After some worship and Word and prayer time, she asked if she could be baptized in the Holy Spirit because she wanted to speak in tongues!  She asked, God gave, she accepted and prayed in a new language!! We are so happy! She invited us all to her home for our February meeting and will be meeting my neighbor and myself for prayer next week.  The Lord also spoke to us that we were His light for the village and that He had a healing fountain bubbling up here. We were encouraged to come together often and to be bold to pray for people. Then we found out there are 46 people in the village with cancer! We really prayed into all of this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The turning of a page....

What life is like in Poland!!